Hi, I’m Eva
I’ve been writing seriously for over sixteen years, and I have a lot to share.
I received my MFA in Fiction Writing from the University of New Orleans, and my short stories have been published in literary magazines and even nominated for the Pushcart Prize.
I’m also no stranger to the querying process, which had a happy ending for me: I am now represented by Ali Lake of O’Conner Literary.
These days I mostly write novels. In fact, I’ve written nine novels, though some of them shall never see the light of day.
I’ve got loads of resources to share, whether you’re just starting to write or have a manuscript you’re hoping to get published. Be sure to sign up for my free newsletter so you can receive the latest in writing news and resources.
What you’ll find on my site:
- Posts about writing, (some specifically about writing for young people) and plenty of posts about books.
- Writing and blogging resources and resources for YA and Middle Grade writers.
- The Great Children’s Literature Study in which I examine a classic children’s book to see what it has to teach us about writing kid lit.
- I am represented by Ali Lake of O’Connor Literary
- I run a writing-resources email newsletter with over 3,500 followers
- I am a Playboy Fiction Contest winner
- My work has been nominated for the Pushcart Prize.
- I was mentored by award-winning novelist and screenwriter Lisa O’Donnell
- I teach workshop classes at The Writers Center in Bethesda, MD
- I offer story-coaching and manuscript consultations.
- In 2015 I was the Artist-in-Residence for Fiction Writing for the San Miguel Literary Sala, and in 2013 I taught a fiction-writing workshop at the San Miguel Writers’ Conference, both in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico.
- From 2015 to 2017, I was the Features Editor for Compose Journal
- From 2014 to 2015 I was a regular blogger for Carve Magazine.
- In addition to my MFA in Fiction Writing, I have a B.A. in Psychology (with a minor in mathematics) from the College of William and Mary.
- I live in the DC area with my husband and two daughters
- I’m originally from Roanoke, Virginia – a beautiful city in the Appalachian Mountains of southwestern Virginia.
- I’ve also lived in New Orleans, Los Angeles, Seattle, Minneapolis, Cape Cod, and Richmond, VA.
- I love hiking, neighborhood walks, and doing yoga.
- I am a die-hard Beck fan. I also love Nirvana and the 90’s.
- Some of my other favorite things include: circus arts, Algebra, crows, vaudeville, alone time, crossword puzzles, historical homes, teen movies, and art. Oh, and books. I also love books.
I’d love to hear from you! Send me a message at firstname.lastname@example.org or join my mailing list below!