Are you writing dialogue the wrong way?
Every scene in a novel or story is created with four main pillars: action, dialogue, description, and internal thought. So if your dialogue isn’t working, your entire story could crumble.
- Have people told you your dialogue sounds stilted or unrealistic?
- Do you want to increase the tension in your dialogue?
- Are you making grammar or style mistakes with your dialogue and don’t even realize it?
- Do you want to take your dialogue from good to excellent?
Let my Dialogue Masterclass Sessions help you!
I’ve been told by writing teachers, beta readers, and my own agent that I excel at writing dialogue. Maybe it’s my background in theater. Maybe it’s my lifelong love of talking. Or maybe it’s simply that I’ve had a lot of practice. And now I can share what I’ve learned with you.
Through do-it-on-your-own-time lessons you will learn basic and advanced techniques for writing dialogue. Each session contains mini lessons, examples, and exercises to help you practice.
Writing dialogue takes practice and skill
The sessions of my Dialogue Masterclass are as follows:
Session 1: Grammar and Style. Learn about grammar, punctuation, clarity, speaker tags and action, and how to write dialogue like a playwright.
Session 2: How Dialogue Differs from Real Speech. Learn how to write crisp dialogue that sounds real and has purpose. Plus, how to handle dialect, slang, and profanity.
Session 3: Improving Your Dialogue. Learn how to write dialogue that increases tension, reveals character, and moves your reader to tears (or laughter).
The first session of Dialogue Masterclass: Lessons for Writing Excellent Dialogue is available to everyone. The other two sessions are only available to paid subscribers of my writing-resourced newsletter.
Paid subscribers to my newsletter also have lifetime access to my other online writing courses:
- Cultivating a Regular Writing Routine
- Getting Started on Your Novel
- Souped-Up Suspense: How to Write a Super-Twisty Mystery, Thriller, or Suspense Novel
Questions? Reach out below!